|Date of Birth:||06 November 1965|
(qualification to teach):
|Teaching Certificate issued by The Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education 2014
Registration Number: 14100102502176
|At the Higher Education Institution (to be accredited) since:||1993|
|Level of Employment (part-time or full-time):||Full-time|
|Teaching Focus:||Prose, Poetry, Drama, Literary Performance, Sociology of Literature, English Literature History, and The Basic of Philosophy|
|Interdisciplinary Aspects:||Philology, Comparative Literary Studies, Manuscript Studies, Local Cultures and Wisdom studies.|
|Activities in the Areas:|
|– Further Education||Doctor (Ph.D) in Classical Literary Studies (Philology)|
|– Research||– Study on Serat Lokapala: Describing the Philosophy of Javanese Leadership Teaching: Sastra Jendra Hayuningrat Pangruwating Diyu.
|– Consultancy||– Comparative Literature Studies, Diasporic literary studies, adaptation studies, hegemony in literature, representation in literary studies, Literary|
|How are personal research activities reflected in teaching activities?||– The research activities on classical and modern literatures both Indonesian and English poems are incorporated as materials for literary subjects, such as: poetry, prose, and drama mainly in the discussion about structures, dictions, imagery, symbols, theme, and morality. Furthermore, the studies can be designed for wider scope of literary studies, namely, comparative literature studies.
– The research activities on art performances, particularly, on the basis of local cultures which are incorporated as materials for Literary Performance mainly in the discussion about the aesthetic structures of the performances.
– The study upon the philosophical aspects of literary and cultural texts by which the results of studies can be incorporated as materials for The Basic of Philosophy mainly in the discussion of metaphysic, logic, ethic, and aesthetic.
– The research activities on fine arts mainly concerning the aspect of beauty, relationship between structures and values of beauty, verbal and visual aesthetic, history of aesthetic, material and spiritual aesthetic, and the essence of aesthetic are incorporated as materials for Aesthetic subject.
|– General||I am a lecturer in English Department Faculty of Humanities University of Jember since 1993 and a lecturer in Master on Linguistics Faculty of Humanities University of Jember since 2014|
|– Activities as an Expert:||1. Examiner in master thesis and doctoral dissertation exam in Philology, Literature Department, Faculty of Humanities, Universitas Indonesia
2. Guest lecturer in philology, particularly on Javanese manuscript studies.
3. Invited speaker in literature, culture, and performance studies conference and seminar.
4. Researcher in literature, culture, and manuscript studies
|Publications:||Hat Pujiati, Irana Astutiningsih, Eko Suwargono (2018). Suara-suara Pesantren: Konstruksi Anti-Radikalisme dalam Sastra Pesantren di Jember Situbondo Probolinggo, Jawa Timur. Diterbitkan oleh Penerbit Diandra, Diandra Kreatif (Kelompok Penerbit Diandra), Sleman,Yogyakarta.
Setiawan, Ikwan, Albert Tallapessy, Agus Sariono, & Eko Suwargono. (2020). Poskolonialitas Jawa dalam Lagu Campursari: Dari Era Orde Baru hingga Reformasi. Panggung, Vol. 30, No. 2, 251-276. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.26742/panggung.v30i2.948
Eko Suwargono (2020)
Pandemi dan Seni. Majalah Seni Budaya Kidung Edisi 41/Agustus 2020. Diterbitkan ole Dewan Kesenian Jawa Timur.
|Memberships:||1. Member of HISKI (Himpunan Sarjana Kesastraan Indonesia/Indonesian Literature Association)
2. Member of MANASA (Masyarakat Pernaskahan Nusantara (Society for Nusantara Manusrcripts)
|International experience through:|
|– Management Activities|
|– Academic Activities|
|– Personal Background/ Experience||1. The Chairmanship of Hasta Brata Foundation (2018 now)
2. The Chairmanship of Jember Arts Council (2016 now)
3. The Member of Presidium in East Java Art Council (2020 – 2025)