|Date of Birth:||26 June 1978|
|Venia Legendi (qualification to teach):||Teaching Certificate issued by The Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education 2015
Registration Number: 14100102500244
|At the Higher Education Institution (to be accredited) since:||2002|
|Level of Employment (part-time or full- time):||Full-time|
|Prose, Cultural Theories, Critical Theories, Postmodernism and Postcolonialism, Diasporic Literature, Theory of Adaptation, and Literary Research Methodology|
|Cultural studies and postcoloninalism in literary studies, media/film studies, and local cultures|
|Activities in the Areas:
– Further Education
|Doctor (Ph.D) in Cultural and Media Studies|
|– Cultural studies and postcolonial studies in diasporic literature, western and Indonesian media and film, Indonesian national and local cultures|
|– Diasporic literary studies, postcolonialism in literature, adaptation studies, hegemony in literature, representation in literary studies|
|How are personal research activities reflected in teaching activities?||– The publications based on research findings in diasporic literatures were incorporated as materials for Diasporic Literature mainly in the discussion about the complexity of cultural identities experienced by diasporic subjects in the narratives.
– The publications based on research finding in local cultures were incorporated as materials for Critical Studies mainly in the discussion about base/superstructure in Marxism, culture-power relation,
|and ideological-political interest in cultural expression- The publications on postcolonialism and postcoloniality are incorporated as materials for Postmodernism and Postcolonialism mainly in the discussion about cultural mimicry/mockery, in-betweenness, and hybridity
– The publications on film and television studies were incorporated as materials for Theory of Adaptation mainly in the discussion about signification, ideological construction, and ex-nomination.
– Activities as an Expert:
|I am a lecturer in English Department Faculty of Humanities University of Jember since 2002 and a lecturer in Master on Linguistics Faculty of Humanities University of Jember since 2014|
|1. Member of the drafters of the state civil apparatus exam for cultural affairs in The Ministry of Education and Culture
2. Examiner in master thesis and doctoral dissertation exam in Cultural and Media Studies Department, Graduate School, Universitas Gadjah Mada
3. Guest lecturer in diasporic literature and cultural/film studies
4. Invited speaker in literary, cultural, and media studies conference and seminar.
5. Researcher in literary, cultural, and media/film studies
|Publications:||Setiawan, Ikwan, Mashuri, & Syarifudin. (2021). Estetika, Makna, dan Media. Surabaya: Dewan Kesenian Jawa Timur.
Setiawan, Ikwan, Linda Purwati, & Imam Basuki. (2020). “Cultural Hybridity and Its Complexity in Esmeralda Santiago’s Almost a Woman”. Jentera, vol. 9, no. 2, 115-146. doi:
https://doi.org/10.26499/jentera.v9i2.2495 Setiawan, Ikwan, Albert Tallapessy, Agus Sariono, & Eko
Suwargono. (2020). “Poskolonialitas Jawa dalam Lagu Campursari: Dari Era Orde Baru hingga Reformasi.” Panggung, Vol. 30, No. 2, 251-276. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.26742/panggung.v30i2.948
Setiawan, Ikwan & Andang Subaharianto. (2020). “Neo- Exoticism as Indonesian Regional Government’s
Formula for Developing Ethnic Arts: Concept, Practice, and Criticism”. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Arts Language and Culture (ICALC 2019). doi: https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200323.020
Setiawan, Ikwan. (2020). “Masa Lalu (yang Belum Berlalu)
|dalam Masa Kini: Membaca Ulang PemikiranPascakolonial Bhabha”, dalam Gerak Kuasa: Politik Wacana, Identitas dan Ruang/Waktu dalam Bingkai Kajian Budaya dan Media, editor Wening Udasmoro. Jakarta: Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia.
Setiawan, Ikwan & Andang Subaharianto. (2019). “Never- ending Local Beauty: Neo-Exoticism in Tourism
Activities and Online Media Narratives”. Proceedings of the Third International Conference of Arts, Language and Culture (ICALC 2018). doi: https://doi.org/10.2991/icalc-18.2019.28
Setiawan, Ikwan, Albert Tallapessy, & Andang Subaharianto. (2017). “Exertion of Cultures and Hegemonic Power in Banyuwangi: The Midst of
Postmodern Trends.” Karsa, Vol. 25, No. 1, 147-178. doi: https://doi.org/10.19105/karsa.v25i1.1118
Setiawan, Ikwan, Albert Tallapessy, & Andang
Subaharianto. (2017). “The Mobilization of Using Cultures and Local Governments’ Political Economy Goals in Post-Reformation Banyuwangi”. Humaniora, Vol. 29, No. 1, 12-23. doi:
https://doi.org/10.22146/jh.22561 Setiawan, Ikwan, Albert Tallapessy, & Andang
Subaharianto. (2017). “The Crisis of Ecological Meaning in Traditional Rituals Under Tourism Regime in Post-Reformation Indonesia.” Proceedings of the Second International Conference of Arts, Language and Culture https://jurnal.uns.ac.id/icalc/article/view/16062.
Setiawan, Ikwan, Albert Tallapessy, & Andang Subaharianto. (2017). Merawat Budaya/Merajut Kuasa: Identitas Using dalam Kontestasi Kepentingan. Yogyakarta: Diandra Kreatif.
Setiawan, Ikwan. (2015). “Budaya Televisi di Indonesia: Wacana dan Kepentingan Ideologis dari Dua Periode.” Lakon, Vol. 4, No. 1, 56-79. doi: https://doi.org/10.20473/lakon.v4i1.1930
Setiawan, Ikwan & Sutarto. (2014). “Transformation of Ludruk Performances: From Political Involvement and State Hegemony to Creative Survival Strategy”.
Humaniora, Vol. 26, No. 2, 187-202.
Setiawan, Ikwan. (2012). “Budaya Nasional di Tengah
Pasar: Konstruksi, Dekonstruksi, dan Rekonstruksi.” Kawistara, Vol. 2, No. 1, 58-72. doi: https://doi.org/10.22146/jh.5241
Setiawan, Ikwan. (2012). “Local complex: Projects of modernity, complicated cultural appropriations, and fluid-hybrid subjectivity in a local sphere”. In Indigenous Community and Projects of Modernity
|(Proceeding 4th International Graduate Students Conference on Indonesia), editor Budiawan, dkk. Yogyakarta: Sekolah Pascasarjana Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Setiawan, Ikwan. (2011). “Self-Narratives, Postcoloniality, and Negotiation of Neoliberalism in Indonesian Films in the 2000s”. In Indonesia and the New Challenges: Multiculturalism, Identity, and Self Narration (Proceeding 2nd International Graduate Students Conference on Indonesia), editor Wening Udasmoro, Hasse J, & Ferry M. Siregar. Yogyakarta: Sekolah Pascasarjana Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Setiawan, Ikwan. (2008). “Perempuan Di Balik Kabut Bromo: Membaca Peran Aktif Perempuan Tengger dalam Kehidupan Rumah Tangga dan Masyarakat”. Humaniora, Vol. 10, No. 2, 136-148. doi: https://doi.org/10.22146/jh.931
|Memberships:||1. Member of HISKI (Himpunan Sarjana Kesastraan Indonesia/Indonesian Literature Association)
2. Member of MANASA (Masyarakat Pernaskahan Nusantara (Society for Nusantara Manusrcripts)
|International experience through:
– Management Activities
– Academic Activities
|1. Guest Lecturer in the Lecture Series “Film Indonesia”‚
24-25th August 2020, Universität Hamburg
2. Presenter at The 4th International Conference Language, Society, and Culture in Asian Context, 25- 26th May 2016, Malang State University
3. Presenter at The 2nd International Conference on Arts, Language, and Culture, 4th November 2017, Graduate School, Universitas Negeri Sebelas Maret Surakarta
4. Invited Speaker at Conference Association of Southeast Asian Literary Studies, 20th November 2017, Faculty of Cultural Science Universitas Gadjah Mada
5. Guest Lecturer in Diasporic Literature, 20th November 2017, Graduate School on Literature, Universitas Gadjah Mada
6. Presenter at The 3rd International Conference on Art, Language, and Culture, 29th September 2018, Universitas Negeri Sebelas Maret Surakarta
7. Presenter at the 4th International Conference on Arts Language and Culture, 2019, Universitas Negeri Sebelas Maret Surakarta
8. Presenter at The 4th International Conference on Indonesia Indigenous Community and Projects of Modernity, 30-31th October 2012 Universitas Gadjah
– Personal Background/ Experience
9. Presenter at The 5th International Indonesia Forum Between the Mountain and the Sea: Positioning Indonesia, Yale University USA in association with Universitas Gadjah Mada, 9-10th July 2012
|1. Coordinator of Matatimoer Institute Jember (2016 –
2. Member of Experts Board in Jember Arts Council (2016
3. Invited Writer at Workshop on the Writing of Drama, conducted by MASTERA (Majelis Sastra Asia Tenggara/Southeast Asia Literature Council), Bogor, 2010